Monday, January 22, 2007

Me time

Lily is napping and Noah is playing in his room with his friend Edward. I have a few minutes to scrapbook, get on-line etc... It's nice as this doesn't happen that often when I have what I consider "free" time. And, I have decided to do what I want for this little block of time and not do housework. That can wait.

I have been trying to be healthier the last few days; eating more fruits, vegetables, more whole grains, and no ice cream at night anymore. I will have to make that a special occasion thing instead of a nightly ritual- that alone should shave a good 500 calories off of my daily intake. And, I have been trying to make sure I get some exercise either by walking the dog, or going to the gym to walk, or doing Denise Austin (I'm recording her shows) at least something is better than nothing at all. I hope to drop a few pounds as well as get in shape to walk the half marathon in May. I know I can do it, I want to do it, I need to take better care of myself.
I'm not going to diet or anything, just make a few changes in my life. So, we'll see.

No comments: