Thursday, June 26, 2008

First week of summer break

This week has been filled with typical summer break stuff; Noah playing with his friends all day (rain or shine), eating popsicles, riding bikes, trading Pokemon cards, and playing at the Orange Park with all it's drama....

We managed to leave the neighborhood one day though and go to Old Orchard Beach with some friends and had a really nice time. OOB is outside of Portland and it has a boardwalk with restaurants, shops, and rides. It was Katy's first time at the beach and we made sure that her precious skin was protected by keeping her in the shade the whole time. I was a sand Nazi the first hour or so and barked at everyone to stay off my blanket. But, Lily just didn't get it and would walk on it or walk by it and fall on it all covered in sand. So, I gave up. Noah and his friend Adam had a sand fight and Lily layed down and let the waves roll her around for the longest time. We had to drag her away when it was time to go. We left just in time and were pulling out of the parking lot when there was a thunder storm.

We leave in a few days to go to GA for a couple of weeks and are looking forward to seeing family, hitting our favorite restaurants, running the Peachtree Roadrace, and a nice week long beach trip with Carol and her boys. Can't wait!

1 comment:

Ryan McNeil said...

Meredith,

My name is Ryan McNeil and I live in California. I have been searching for some old friends and their name came up in one of my searches on Google here in your blog. I was one of the missionaries that taught and baptized William and Teresa Steuber. From the look of one of your entry blogs, you seem to be LDS and know Teresa! I'm hoping I am right and not bothering you by having the wrong Teresa Steuber. My email address is rppmcneil@gmail.com If you have any contact information I would be thrilled! Thank you...

Ryan