Friday, September 26, 2008

The happenings....

I've been looking for a Chiropractor since I got back from my Norfolk trip. Since there's one on every corner around here I thought it would be easy to call one, get an appt, and then an adjustment. But, it wasn't that way at all. It seems like each one had some sort that wasn't sitting well with me. It actually took me almost 2 weeks and 3 different Chiropractors to find one that I liked and felt comfortable with. Her name is Rennie Alampi and she's cool. The atmosphere in the office is relaxing, the adjustment was great, and the therapy felt so good.

I went to the HF&PE meeting at church. For those of you that don't know what that is, it's home family and personal enrichment and it's just for ladies. There was a speaker talking about the importance of reading your scriptures and how it can help you understand the things that happen in your life. There was also a craft table doing decoupage plates. And, an tasting table with all sorts of treats that each sister brought. There were all sorts of goodies, but I think there was more chocolate than anything. And I wasn't complaining!

I took Noah and Lily to the Library yesterday and checked out lots of books. Noah really didn't want to go and was saying he was bored at first, but Lily was really into it. She loves books and it's exciting for her to pick them out and take them home. After awhile Noah was getting into it with her and was picking out the books too. Then we went to Five Guys Burgers for dinner. It was Woodstock Elementary School night so Noah really wanted to go and support his school. We had fun. Later Noah actually thanked me for taking them to dinner!

Noah has been practicing the piano and is doing well. He's getting pretty good at "When the Saints Go Marching In." I have also been looking at violins on craigslist and am looking forward to getting one soon. I can't wait to start playing again. I also think that Noah and I can have some fun playing together. I actually looked at one today that someone in Woodstock is selling, and it felt so good to hold it. But, it's not quite what I'm looking for, and besides that, she went up on her negotiable price from the original ad. Hmmmm....

We went to Carol's tonight for dinner and the kids had a water balloon fight. That seems to be the thing to do when we go to Aunt Carol's. We were talking about the state of our country right now. The gas shortages in Atlanta, the financial bailout, the upcoming election... things are really tough right now for so many people. She said she was actually sad this week thinking about all the things going on and wondering how it can get better. It just doesn't seem possible that it can anytime soon.

We all miss Travis. While we were at Carol's Lily just asked me out of the blue "where's my Daddy?" It's been awhile since she's seen him on the webcam and it's probably time to do that again soon.

No comments: