Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Lunch at Woodstock Elementary



I had lunch with Noah at his school today. I had such a nice time with my sweet son. He was so talkative and thoughtful. He had enough money to buy each of us an ice cream, but it was 11:30 in the morning and I just wasn't in the mood for one. So, I suggested that when he got home from school we could go get an ice cream together since we were planning to get his haircut anyway. He liked that idea.

Also, while we were sitting there talking he handed me a little note about the size of a stamp that was all folded up, and it said "I love you- thank you for coming." That totally melted my heart because he had written it before I got there and was planning to give it to me. So sweet.

I took Flat Daddy with me to lunch and he was a big hit with all of his classmates. They thought he was pretty cool and it wasn't hard to get everyone to pose for a picture with him.

Later when Noah got home from school we went to get his haircut at E's Barber Shop. While we were there they noticed Flat Daddy sitting in the car and asked about it. So, I went out and got him to show them. Today was the first time we actually took him out in public, not just at family gatherings, and I got lots of questions. It was fun.

As promised, we went to Bruster's and Noah and Lily got a strawberry sorbet with sprinkles.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Meredith, I love your blog! My favorite is flat Travis. What a great idea! Your kids are getting so big and darling. I'm sorry Travis is gone. It must be hard for you but I'm glad you are near family and I'm really glad you may be coming back to Europe! We would love to see you again!

Travis Mortimer said...

Babe, did you notice how much taller Noah is to his classmates? When did that happen???