Tuesday, November 18, 2008

November this and that...



I talked to Travis today around lunch time and that was nice. He was getting ready to leave work and head back to his "can" to go to bed. We talk whenever we can with the 8 hour time difference, sometimes he calls me around 10:30PM as I'm going to bed and he's going to work the next day. That's always a nice way to end my day. We were both talking about how we're so bored with this deployment and ready for it to be over.... the mundane day to day stuff can be so tiring. So, I've decided to take the kids and get out of town for a few days and go to Jacksonville for Thanksgiving. The kids have the whole week off and it's perfect timing, so we're gonna go and have some fun and see my girlfriend Angele and her 2 boys. Her husband happens to be deployed too.... Plus, Mom will have a little vacation and have the house to herself again... ahhh peace and quiet!!

Noah has been doing great in school and I've noticed how organized he is. He has his agenda and writes everything down. He does his homework without being told and does his spelling words and vocabulary homework early for the week. He has a book report due that is due tomorrow, but wanted to start doing it 10 days ago, and has already turned it in early. And, he pointed out to me today that he has been on green for 2 weeks and 2 days straight. Last week I received a letter from his teacher stating that said he was referred to be tested for the advanced education program/gifted program. I'm so proud of him and his abilities and his desire to do well in school.

Lily is doing a fabulous job potty training! We are at 3 days with no accidents and she only wears a pull-up for naps and at night. I seriously started potty training her on October 16th, and am impressed with how far she has come in only a month's time. Today she had gymnastics and she wore her new leotard for the first time. She was very excited about it and ran in and showed Miss Linda and prissed around some...it was so obvious that she wanted her to notice her new leotard. Miss Linda told her several times how much she liked it. I've noticed that she seems pretty tired after her class and she took a 2.5 hour nap today which is pretty unusual for her and it was a treat for me.

Katy is a super fast crawler, and she is almost walking. She cruises around furniture and tries to pull up next to anything she can. She has been a little adventurous and taken a step without holding something but she is still unsure of herself. I think she'll be walking by her 1st birthday.
She starts to do this little rocking thing when we sing this certain song to her... Nana started it awhile back.... she said this is a song from WWII or some thing like that- it goes.... "K-K-K-Katy beautiful Katy, you're the one the only one that I adore, when the m-moon comes over the mountain, I'll be waiting at the k-k-k-kitchen door." Sometimes all of us are singing it really loudly and she is loving all the attention.
The last few nights the kids have all been sleeping in my bed in a pile, so I've been sleeping in their room on the bottom bunk bed. Actually, it's been very restful sleep for me, so we might just keep this up for awhile.

Sunday the kids looked so cute for church and of course I wanted to take a picture of them... but no one ever wants to cooperate when they look nice! This was the best I could do.

1 comment:

Kadi, John and girls said...

People used to sing the "Katy" song to me all the time when I was a little girl! How fun! Your kiddos are getting so big and so cute- Can't believe Katy is almost 1!