Thursday, July 24, 2008
Katy having some floor time
Travis and his MONSTER BURGER (which Noah said tasted like a meatball)
Lily playing in the rain
Wednesday play date and lunch with friends
Monday, July 21, 2008
1-Travis and Katy with Great Grandma Crowell
2-My Mom (Nana) with her oldest grandchild Boyd and her youngest grandchild Katy
3-Noah, Lily, and Katy with Grandpa Tom and Molly
4-My sister Carol with her sons Tanner and Tate
5-Noah and Tate playing in the waves
6-Travis and his pretty girls
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Part of our vacation was spent in Seagrove Beach, FL with my sister Carol and her family. Every year she rents a big house for a week and it's been such a treat for us to have been able to go with them 5 times! The area along 30A is neat with quaint shops, restaurants, swanky beach houses, and beautiful beaches. The house we stayed in was called Garden Dance and it had a pool and plasma tv's in every room. We ate lots of good food, went to the beach, put together a jigsaw puzzle, and the boys enjoyed golfing and a water park. It was especially nice to have the pool there and we were in and out of it alot. Lily is already fearless and loved to jump in the pool to anyone that would catch her. Well, almost anyone, she refused to jump to Tanner for some reason. Katy seemed to enjoy her first pool experience with Daddy.
One of the things that I have always wanted was a family picture taken on the beach. It was a HUGE ordeal to do it, but I'm glad we did because I think the pictures turned out great, thanks to Carol our photographer!
Other highlights from the trip:
- We (Me, Travis, Mark, & Tonia) ran the Peachtree Road Race on July 4th. It was so hot!
- We also had a special family cookout on July 4th. All 4 of us kids were together and that doesn't happen often, so it was nice. Boyd was back from his 6 month stay in India and he kept us intrigued with his adventures. He actually bathed in the Ganges River!
- We went down to Tifton, GA to see Travis' family. Noah got to go fishing with Grandpa Tom.
- I saw my friend Debra that I haven't seen in a few years and she looks fantastic!!!
- We found an awesome gym called Bodyplex so I can workout at while Travis is away. We went to a few of the classes while we were there and loved them.
- We hit a few of our favorite restaurants that we don't have here in Maine: Chick-fil-a, Moe's, O-Charley's.
So we're unpacked from the trip, but are already starting to pack for the move. So, I anticipate the next 4 weeks to be pretty chaotic and crazy, but I'll keep you posted.