Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Back to my routine, well sort of...

Today was Lily's first day back at preschool since Christmas break. Woo hoo! She and I both were looking forward to it. When I told her that today we had to make her lunch for school she was so excited and helped me get it ready. She was anxious to get dressed and even wanted to draw Miss Deanna a picture. When we got there she was a little clingy, but when she saw there was a new kitchen to play with she said "good-bye Mommy."

After I dropped her off, I went back to the house and put Katy down for her nap. That gave me the chance to run around and not feeling guilty for leaving her with Mom. I went to the post office and mailed a package to Travis, and then it was onto the gym. I have been walking on the treadmill lately reading the Twilight books. It's amazing how an hour can go by just like that! Then I went to Target to get a few thing: eggs, bread, milk, fruit... stuff that goes really quick around here. And then it was home to put groceries away, change my clothes, and then go get Lily. Where does the time go?

Since Travis is in Iraq, we have a perk, if you will, of being able to have a complimentary YMCA membership while he's deployed. The YMCA we go to in East Cobb is so awesome and I have taken Noah over there a few times because they have so much stuff for kids to do. It has state of the art equipment that is computerized to help you track your workouts, coaches to help you with your training, over 90 classes a week, child care for kids... and so much more. I already have a gym membership somewhere else, but I wanted to be able to take Noah somewhere to get some exercise and burn off all the energy he has when he gets home from school everyday. This is a good thing, but it is a lot of work getting the kids ready and getting them there (20 minute drive), then inside and where they need to be, and then start my workout. Then after I'm done, round everybody up, get them home, get them fed, and ready for bed. But, I really like this YMCA, and am excited that we have this membership. I just signed us up a couple of weeks ago and I haven't exactly figured out when the best times are for us to go yet. The class I like him to take is a little late and that messes up the night time routine and that's not pretty. But, we have found some of the other things he likes to do haven't been available at the earlier times we've gone. I'm sure we'll figure it out sooner or later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year MM and Family,

Glad to hear your getting back on schedule after the holiday season. I am too. I took a break from gym for 3 months so now I'm back doing my thing. Even found a little one that is DOD and is closer to the house to go to.
It's been real cold here and even snowy. Germany has has mild winters since we've moved here so we are just now having to pull out our winter clothes from Iceland. We've even had snow a few times already.
I love your blog!!
Love Jody & Shelby