Saturday, January 10, 2009

My Saturday ramblings...

It started at the crack of dawn with all 3 of my kids getting up at 6:15 AM. Not that I usually get to sleep in anyway, but today with it being Saturday it bugged me. I got them all breakfast and settled with a TV show to watch and asked Noah to help his sisters if they needed it. I just wanted to get back in bed for a few minutes, just to rest my tired eyes... it was not 5 minutes before I hear "Mommy!... blah, blah, blah.... " A little rest just wasn't happening. But, the day got better from there.

I was able to have a nice long conversation with Travis this morning on skype with the web cam. That has never happened before without the kids acting like they were in a circus. Each one of them was in and out of the room just a little bit and then was onto something else. I think between my Mom, a visit from Miss Jo, and the neighbors being able to play, they all were able to do something without needing my attention.

Another thing that hardly ever happens is that both of the girls napped at the same time! Woo hoo! I was able to find a few old friends on Facebook this afternoon. It's always nice to touch base with old friends. I love Facebook.

It rained on and off all day and I decided to take a walk when there was a break in the weather. It was just what I needed to energize me. My ipod died on me soon after I started, but it didn't stop me from having a good walk. I was looking for a walking trail here in Woodstock that someone told me about a few weeks ago near the downtown area, but it wasn't there. I followed the path around the government building where I thought it started and it went quite a ways, but then it turned off into a wooded area and just ended. Hmmmm, I guess when I asked if there a walking trail in this area, he thought I was talking about the sidewalk in front of the government building. Oh well, I ended up walking in the neighborhoods around there it was just fine.

Now, 2 out of 3 kids are asleep and I can relax. I think I will go and spend some time with Noah and then when he goes to bed I'll dive into Eclipse.

No comments: