Monday, January 26, 2009

The same old craziness

There hasn't been much to write about lately except the same old craziness that happens daily around here with 3 kids. Of course there are levels of craziness depending on the time of day, who is at school, or who is asleep.

An example of super craziness would be yesterday when I was getting ready for church. I try to plan ahead at least a little bit by picking out our clothes ahead of time. But, it doesn't matter if I get the kids dressed an hour before we leave or 5 minutes before we leave it still seems crazy. And, because we meet at 1:00 in the afternoon it makes it hard because the baby wants to nap and oh, how I hate to wake a sleeping baby! Have you ever tried to get a cranky baby dressed? How about that and a 2 year old that wants your attention and is climbing on your back at the same time? It's not easy. So, I juggled this and that, packed the diaper bag/church bag, and got snacks and a bottle ready for Katy because she hadn't had a chance to eat lunch yet. And, just when I think I'm about ready to head to the car Lily has to go potty. That means I have to put Katy down, who starts crying and doesn't stop until I pick her up again. Another 5 minutes later and we are heading out to the car. Sometimes my Mom is there to help, but she likes to be seated in her row 15 minutes prior to church starting. When she sensed I might be running a bit behind she and Noah dashed out the door. I eventually made it to church, but not after feeling like I had been through the wringer.

Typical craziness occurs around dinner time and runs into the bed time routine. It starts off when everyone wants to eat and no one wants to wait for their food. Or they're all talking at once and they each need something else right when I sit down. Then it's clean-up time, which my Mom takes care of most of the time, thank goodness, but I do have to do sometimes. Next it's bath time, story time, and then bed time. This can go on 1-2 hours. I have to say that most of the time it's pretty smooth and all the kiddos are in bed by 8:00-8:30. Lily is the first to go down usually by 7:00 at the latest, then Katy or Noah are next, but who goes down first depends on how long of a nap Katy took that day. Typical craziness also happens in the morning when it's time to get up. Waking up, snuggling, and rolling around together a little bit. Then it's changing diapers, going potty, fixing breakfast, getting Noah ready and off to school. And, 3 days a week I get Lily ready and off to school also.

Sometimes there is no craziness and that's when their all asleep. Ahhhh, that's what I'm talking about!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oh man, it's hard enough for me to get MYSELF ready for church on time, I can't imagine how hard it'll be with little ones!

You have an adorable family!