Saturday, February 28, 2009

Do other Mom's feel this way?

The girls have been so demanding and requiring so much attention this morning that I feel frustrated and the need to vent!!!!

Most mornings are like this, but this morning seems particularly crazy. From the moment I got up, I have been running around here after the girls... It started off at a manageable level with changing a diaper, taking Lily to the potty, and getting them something to drink. Then it moved up a level when I started to make breakfast, then change a poopy diaper, take Lily to the potty, and find Lily's first outfit of the day.

I tried to encourage Lily to play with Katy while I made breakfast and took care of the business at hand... I mean I'm in the same room with them at least, shouldn't that be enough? Nope, it isn't. I have to be involved in every word of the conversation she is having and I have to stop what I'm doing at least 5 times to find this or that, or change the channel, or get another drink, or button the 2nd dress that she has put on.

So, after they had finished with their breakfast and I thought they were occupied for a few minutes, I tried to sit down at the table to eat my egg and toast and look at a magazine. I don't think that's too much to ask, I mean I'm in the same room with them right? Nope, I was almost immediately swarmed by them and had to get up (no kidding) 4 times from my chair to do something for them. It was so aggravating... I felt like I was getting heartburn!! And, if I resisted in anyway by saying.... "just a minute , or let me eat my breakfast, or you can go potty by yourself..." it doesn't help. It only intensifies!!! Mommy, mommy, mommy!!!!!!

I have to remember to take a deep breaths and think peaceful thoughts.... just being able to write this down has helped. That's all for now, so it's on with my day.

1 comment:

Jami said...

Mommommommom! Every now and then I say to my kids, "That's my name. Don't wear it out." Sometimes you want to go where no one knows your name...