Saturday, February 28, 2009

It got better....

Well, I'm happy to say that my day got better after that crazy and aggravating morning I had. I went to the gym and was able to burn off some of that negative energy I had and I felt good.

I always feel guilty when I get aggravated or mad at my kids. I know it's human and it's natural because kids can be trying sometimes. And even though I'm basically a single mom right now while Travis is away, I have this expectation of myself (probably an unrealistic one) that I'm supposed to be a perfect Mom. And, perfect Mom's don't yell at their kids or get aggravated with them. They remain calm, reason with them and teach them an object lesson or something like that....

So, to make up for the guilt I was feeling over not being the perfect Mom, I decided to spend lots of time with the girls this afternoon. I read to them, wrestled with them, helded Lily's hands while she jumped really high on the bed (she loves that), and played in a fort with them. We ate popcorn and Popsicles too. And, I tried really hard not to get aggravated when they were both going overboard, or using me as a jungle gym, or smothering me. I guess that's why the rest of the day got better... they had all of my attention and I changed my attitude a little. Go figure.

No comments: