Saturday, February 14, 2009

Service




This wonderful group of people are from my church: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. There was an issue with the storage unit our things were in and I needed to have our things moved to another unit. Sister Mecham is my Mom's Visiting Teacher and when she learned of my situation, less than 24 hours later I had all of this help! Everyone just pitched right in and the job was done in an hour. My heart is so full that people were so willing to help me, to give of their time, and not really even know me. But, that's the way it is in our church and it's such a blessing. No matter where you go in this world, you can count on other members of the church to be there willing to serve and help others in need.
"And, behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God” Mosiah 2: 17
The most worthy calling in life is that which man can serve best his fellow man” President David O. McKay

1 comment:

Julie said...

I'm so glad they were there to help. The church is great where ever you go!