Monday, March 30, 2009

Spring is fabulous!!

Everything is in bloom around here right now and it's wonderful to be outside, that is as long as you don't have allergies! I usually have my camera with me anyway, but lately have made a point to try and capture the beauty of our surroundings. I love Spring!! Today the sun was shining, the birds were singing, and big fat bumblebees were flying around everywhere. It's just amazing to think of how things look now compared to just a few weeks ago.

I took this a few weeks ago because the blooms remind us of "popcorn" and we sing the "Popcorn Popping" song when we see them.


Here are the same trees a couple of weeks later starting to lose the blooms and get the leaves.

And this was taken today of the same trees. All the blooms are gone and the leaves are so lush and green. These trees have fascinated me the last several weeks and it's been fun to watch them change.
I can't get enough of the beautiful flowering trees.


The beautiful white blooms are gorgeous.

I took a picture of this lovely a couple of weeks ago at a park nearby.

I have to remind Lily not to pick the neighbors flowers, but she can't help herself. And, I know that all little girls loves to pick flowers because I remember loving to pick them when I was a little girl and giving them to my Mom.

True to her name, Lily loves flowers!

2 comments:

Maria Hathaway said...

I love your photos! I wish spring was as far advanced where I live. We still have snow! Oh well, it should be soon. Thanks for sharing.

Meredith said...

Maria- I hope you thaw out soon! :)