Sunday, April 26, 2009

Moving, Moving, Moving....

The last week has been crazy busy. I was getting ready for the move, had the move, and am now in the process of unpacking the house. (Oh, and I managed to squeeze in a 20 mile walk.) I REALLY like this house a lot and the community has everything... great schools, a park, a library, shopping, and restaurants which are all just minutes away.

For a couple of days I was calling all of the utility companies to get service established. That was very time consuming. And, with this fees they charge....these companies should be rolling in the dough. I told my Mom that I had gotten spoiled living in Navy housing and not having to worry about utilities. Now I have to get used to living in the real world.

The Elders Quorum from our ward was so awesome to move our stuff in. We had a good turn out and with so many people it made the job easier, although it was still a lot of work. I really appreciate them and their service to our family.

Now, the unpacking has been going 222222222222222222222222222222220 ...oops, thanks Katy! The unpacking has been going well. I get so much more accomplished when I am by myself because when the kids are there they are right under me. So, I am doing it little by little. They have enjoyed seeing their toys they haven't seen for 8 months, it's like new stuff. Me too, I enjoyed unpacking one of my boxes of clothes that never made it here to my Mom's, so it feels like I have some new stuff too.

We are down to a week until Travis comes home and we are all very excited. I have a feeling this week will be crazy busy too with trying to get everything ready for his homecoming. We can retire Flat Daddy real soon.




3 comments:

Mo said...

Oh my goodness, all that stuff on top of Travis coming home, you are like Wonder Woman!
I'm all antsy for you, we're 4 months out and I've already got a case of nerves. I can imagine you feel like you've sucked on a live wire right about now! Happy to hear you're getting settled nicely, can't wait for some great homecoming pics!!!

The Douglass' said...

One week....that's so great. I bet everyone is getting excited. Lots to do...I know how that goes....good luck.

Meredith said...

Thanks guys! It has been so crazy around here, but good crazy. I don't know where all the energy I have is coming from, but I'm managing to take care of business. I get a little nervous and antsy when I start thinking too much about the actual homecoming. So, I'm just keeping busy and getting through each day now.