Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Pink Cup Cake Party

Lily loves the book Pinkalicious. It's about a little girl that eats too many pink cupcakes and turns pink. She has been asking if we could have pink cupcakes for days now, so I thought it would be fun to invite our new friends over for a pink cupcake party.



Shannon and her daughter Rielly came over and and brought more pink goodies to add to the pinkness. We had pink cupcakes, pink frosting, pink sprinkles, pink whoppers, and pink lemonade. Talk about pink overload!

Shannon helping the girls to frost the cupcakes.

Katy helping herself.

Yum... don't these look delicious? These are strawberry cupcakes with strawberry frosting and watermelon sprinkles. Fortunately, I am a chocolate fan so I was able to abstain for the most part other than a bite or two and licking my fingers a little. Travis said they were great though after he finished his 3rd one.


Lily and Rielly enjoying their pink creations.


Katy loved making a mess with everything and had to be put in the tub immediately.


The aftermath...

3 comments:

Kenningtons said...

Meredith,

I hope you don't get freaked out that I just totally stalked your blog! I just need to say that I LOVE the idea of a party based on a book! SO CLEVER!!!! Also, I hope that you don't mind if I save this idea in my (faulty) memory bank for the future...

Jamie

p.s. I found you through Shannon...

Shannon Harris said...

Meredith is a clever gal isn't she? Very cute idea.. we had a ball!
You are so funny Jamie- I stalk peoples blogs all the time! The life of a mom huh?

Meredith said...

Hi Jamie...I stalk blogs too. And, any friend of Shannon's is a friend of mine:) I think it would be great if you had a pink cupcake party too!