Monday, August 17, 2009

Where has the summer gone?

It has been several weeks since I posted anything.... wow, time flies. The summer is over and everyone is back in school again. Noah started the 3rd grade, Lily has started going to preschool 3 mornings a week, and Travis started fall classes at GA Tech. We are settling back into a routine again after our laid back summer. Well, trying to anyway...

We had a pretty active summer. Since Travis came home in May he has run 3 marathons and is planning to run a half marathon this weekend. Labor Day weekend we are both going to do the Rock N' Roll half in VA Beach. I can't wait to see my friend Michelle... she's doing it too. Looking back on the training I did for the marathon in May I had it pretty good because the weather was so nice. Now, it's brutal to walk or run in the heat and I'm considerably slower. We have been to Kennesaw Mountain a few times for long walk/runs on the trails. It's nice being in the woods but is still so hot. The other day Travis kept telling me to breathe in through my mouth... deep breaths.... but I was basically hyperventilating and couldn't. I hate the heat and my training is definitely not what it was back in the spring and I hope that I'll be ready for the half. At least I have been doing classes at the gym several times a week and have been getting cardio that way. I have really enjoyed this Body Combat class... it's mixed martial arts. Body Pump, Body Flow, and RPM have also been enjoyable.

We are planning to do a half marathon each month this fall and I am particularly excited about this women's only half that I'm doing in November in St. Petersburg, FL. I've never done a race with women only.... Should be fun.

Let me leave you with a few pictures from this summer....


Having fun in our little pool in the backyard.


Lily and Noah standing outside in the rain looking at the tree that just fell in the yard.


Lily faking her nap.


Katy loves books almost as much as Lily and is always eager to sit in your lap to be read to.


Here she is looking at her Baby Signs book.


At a truck stop on the way to WV...


Lily was not happy with this pose and Daddy had to rescue her.


A Sunday stroll on the Silver Comet Trail


Daddy sharing smoothies with his favorite girls.


The girls eating together at a family picnic in Tifton


Noah's first day of 3rd grade.

No comments: