Thursday, September 17, 2009

Virginia Beach Rock N' Roll Half Marathon

Well, I'm a couple of weeks late posting about this, but better late than never!


The lines at the port o potty's were at least 10 deep... and that was just here! Michelle and Travis were passing these up to look for others with shorter lines.


Travis and me before we split up and he went to his corral which was #10 and we went to the very BACK of the pack to corral #23! It took 45 minutes for us to cross the starting line.


Michelle and I have known each other since we were 6 years old! It was so cool, all these years later, to get to do this race together. As you can see there is quite a difference in out heights... Michelle is 5'11'' and I'm 5'2''... yes, growing up we were known as Mutt and Jeff. I thought we would have a hard time walking/running with each other because she is so much taller than me, but it wasn't a problem at all!


Here I am at the finish line and I am so happy. It had gotten pretty hot and I was feeling it! I finished the race in 3:03. My goal for my next half I do is to do it in under 3 hours.


Yay! It was awesome... Michelle, I hope you're hooked now and you want to do another half soon. What do you say about Myrtle Beach?

No comments: