Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Women's Half Marathon

We traveled to St. Petersburg, FL last weekend so I could participate in the inaugural Womens' half marathon. Normally, when we travel to for races it's to be the support crew for Travis, but this time I was the participant and it was sooo much fun! Travis, the girls, and Pepper met up with me several times along the course to cheer me on.


This is at mile 2 and it's early so I'm still pretty fresh.


Travis said the fountain was a nice diversion for the girls who got a little bored with all of the waiting around to see Mommy.


It was awesome to be a part of an all women's race and now I would like to do more of them. There were virtually no lines for the bathrooms, the goodie bag was awesome, and the finisher's medal was sweet! The ladies know how to put on a race :)


Still feeling good around mile 8.


It started getting pretty hot around mile 10.


Lily ran out to meet me as I was nearing the finish line.


She ran with me to the end and she was loving it.


I was loving it too!!


Lily thought that since I got a medal that I won. I told her in a way I had because just finishing is a victory to me! I also told her maybe one day we can come back and do this race together... she liked that idea.

No comments: