Friday, December 18, 2009

Date Night at the Firing Range

Travis has been talking for awhile now, about taking me to a firing range to shoot a gun. Well, that's where we went tonight for our date night. I have never been around guns, and I was so nervous from the moment we walked into the gun store until the time we checked the gun back in. But, I have to say, it was a pretty cool experience!


Here I am trying to load the bullets in the magazine.


Still trying...


Travis is a really good shot! The gun we used was a 9mm.... to me, the first time shooter, it felt like a whole lot of gun. It felt very powerful in my hands. I hit the target a few times after I realized I was shutting my eyes the first several times I shot it.


It is extremely important to where protective eye wear because little bits of metal are flying around everywhere!


And, it is sooooo loud in there that even the ear plugs and protective muffs over my ears weren't enough to muffle the sound. My ears are still ringing 5 hours later.


I was pretty scared at first to handle the gun and actually shoot it. I was thinking about how wild it felt for me to be shooting a gun. There is a first time for everything!

3 comments:

Julie said...

What a fun date. Steve's been trying to get me to do this for years. You look like a natural 007! Merry Christmas!

Jeni said...

You did better then me! Josh and I went once and I couldn't handle even being in there. Not sure how I ended up married to someone in the military and living on bases! lol

Meredith said...

Thanks Julie! I know what you mean Jeni- it sure feels great to live on a military base that is safe and secure, but I'm glad I'm not the one securing it!