Sunday, January 03, 2010

Happy New Year!

I am excited about the new year and the fresh start it brings. It gives me a chance to reflect and make some goals for the new year. I made some resolutions last year that I'm happy to say I actually kept and it has made a huge difference in my life. Mostly, I just resolved to take better care of myself and do some much needed things for myself.

I lost 35 lbs which was an enormous feat for me and I feel so much better physically. I completed a marathon in May like I set out to do and a couple of half's as well. I actually enjoy exercising now and look forward to going to the gym, especially for Body Combat!

I started taking some college classes on-line in the fall and I have thoroughly enjoyed them. I did not realize how much I missed learning and how much I needed to start this ball rolling again after all of these years. I finally feel like I know what I want to do with my life and it excites me to think that when I do finally finish that I will be able to have a career doing something worthwhile. Although, what I did not count on was how hard it would be to do with 3 kids, so I will be taking it nice and slow and hope to finish by the time Katy goes to kindergarten, but if I can do it sooner than that, I'll be very happy.

This year I resolve to get more organized. I know that would make Travis so happy, lol!

No comments: