Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Out with the old and in with the new....

I'm the RS leader in our ward and I just got back a little while ago from our first RS meeting of the year. It was a great meeting and I came away from it feeling inspired. I have a new found feeling of how important these meetings are for the sisters in our ward and that it is my responsibility to do a good job in the planning of them. I was given this calling for a reason and I want to do a good job and I certainly don't want to let anyone down that may be depending on me.

The theme was "out with the old and in with the new".... it goes along with it being a new year that we should set some goals and start some new good habits. We had three speakers that talked about how to set goals, the importance of keeping a journal, and the benefits of studying your scriptures everyday. These are subjects we have heard about many times before, but it's always good to be reminded of why these things are so important. And, if you're not doing these things, it's never too late to start.

Tonight I feel inspired to start keeping a journal to write down my more personal thoughts and feelings. Although, I consider my blog to be a journal of the happenings of our family, I don't really post too many personal thoughts and feelings. And, that reminds me that I need to get my blog entries printed periodically....to have my blog entries bound and in a book would be wonderful.

So, I am making a goal tonight to post more often on my blog and start keeping a personal journal. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Sounds like a great meeting! I'm RS president and I may copy your idea sometime. Sounds great!

Jami said...

Let me know if you find an inexpensive binding option. I've been wanting to do that for a while.