Saturday, March 20, 2010

Happy Birthday Lily!

Lily just turned 4 this week and she wanted to have her birthday party at Monkey Joe's. We have been talking about and planning this for weeks and finally the big day came....


Here's the birthday girl hugging little sister before we left for the party.

I was having technical difficulties with my camera and missed so many cute pictures. All of them were blurry...It was so aggravating!!


Here is Lily and Jesse at the bottom of the slide.


Lily Bug and Katy Rose


Here's Nana and her Katy. Mom couldn't get over how Katy was walking around the place like she owned it and sliding down the big slides like the older kids.


Aunt Tonia is trying to get Katy to smile.


We're so glad Aunt Tonia and Molly could come and share in the fun.


I spent 8 hours the day before the party making and decorating cupcakes. These weren't exactly what I envisioned, but I was happy with the way they turned out. And, they were a big hit!


I really enjoyed the whole process of making the cupcakes, making the different colors of icing, and then the actual decorating was a blast. Except for not having the right size bags and not knowing how quirky frosting can be, it wasn't too difficult to do.


It was pretty time consuming and Travis reminded me I only had to neglect the family for a whole day to do it. But, it was a labor of love and I hope that counts for something.


I think my next cupcake project will be for Easter. I love Easter! Those should be fun and I'm sure the kids will love them.


The birthday girl lounging in the big monkey chair!


Lily's friends Meg and Sarah gave her this cute monkey.


17 of Lily's friends came to her party! We were so excited to have such a large crowd. Here the kids are enjoying pizza and juice.


Lily had friends from her preschool class, primary class, the gym, and even one of her cousins come to celebrate with her. I think everyone had a good time.


Here's Katy sitting between Brynn and Sarah.


Happy Birthday to you sweet Lily! We love you!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

The cupcakes look wonderful! I am sure it was worth all the effort.

Michael and Lyndsey said...

What a great party for a 4 year old! She looked like happy! The cupcakes were a yummy treat I'm sure. :)