Thursday, April 22, 2010

Fishing with the girls

Last Saturday morning Travis had the idea of taking the girls fishing for the first time. We live pretty close to Lake Allatoona so we didn't have to go too far to find a place to try out their new fishing poles. Noah was spending the night at his cousins and missed out on the fun. However, later when we told him what we did he said it was no big deal to him because fishing is boring!


The girls were so excited to get started that it was hard to hold them back from running down to the water. I don't think Travis will ever have to beg the girls to go fishing with him.


Lily is patiently waiting for Daddy to bait her hook.


Watching the boats go by....


Travis is telling Lily about how much fun it is to sit there and wait and wait and wait. Also, that it's OK if we don't catch any fish because we are just practicing.


What is this? Worms?!


Katy and her princess fishing pole. She got very good at reeling in the worm every time Travis cast it out in the water.


Katy was not afraid to hold the worms. Lily didn't want to and in times past Noah refused to touch them. Too funny!


Katy is looking over the edge of the dock at some cute ducklings swimming by. It's a good thing Travis was right there because that one made me really nervous. I was a nervous wreck most of the time hovering around ready to grab someone in case they fell in the water because it doesn't take much for the girls to fall down, especially Katy, but we were in luck and there were no incidents.

2 comments:

Jeni said...

eeewwwww worms!!! I do not fish but the girls really want to go. I think I'm going to be forced to go out on the boat with them.

I'll read and refuse to touch anything. Good thing the girls are older now! :)

Anonymous said...

I know Shelby wish she could have been there to join in with the fun. She loves fishing, but I told her in Iceland, no more flounder unless they were huge.If I am going to clean a fish, I want some thing to eat when I get done.
Jody