Friday, May 28, 2010

Noah's last piano lesson with Miss Jo

On Wednesday Noah had his last piano lesson with Miss Jo and although he was pretty happy about it, I was a little sad. Miss Jo is my Mom's neighbor and when we moved to GA almost 2 years ago she offered to give him lessons... for free. I have thought so many times how generous she has been with her time and I am so grateful to her for wanting to teach Noah because she has no other students. She has given Noah a great foundation of music and he will carry that with him throughout his life.


Since it was his last lesson she wanted him to go back and play some of his favorite songs he has learned. It was neat to see how much he has improved. He played "Totem Pole", "My Bonny", "Yankee Doodle", "The Entertainer", and the "Maple Leaf Rag" to name a few. My Mom came over to listen to and she is so proud of Noah for doing so well.


Miss Jo is so awesome! Thank you for being Noah's first piano teacher. We will miss you!

video

Noah and Miss Jo playing "Heart and Soul."

No comments: