Sunday, June 20, 2010

I've gone vegetarian again. Got any good recipes to share?

I was a vegetarian for 12 years before Noah was born and a few weeks ago decided I wanted to go vegetarian again. Back in the day I was quite passionate about animal rights, which was the reason I gave up eating meat in the first place, however, when I started having kids and my focuses started to change, it took a back seat for awhile.

Over the last several weeks as I was doing research for an argumentative essay on the benefits of becoming a vegetarian, it lit that fire I once had about the animal suffering caused by the meat industry. Not only that, I learned a great deal about how the practices of the meat industry are destroying the environment. And, then there are the health benefits of going vegetarian as well. Basically, this research paper convinced me that it is the right thing for me to do and I feel really good about it.

The last 3 weeks I have given up chicken, beef, and pork and am getting into the swing of things again. I don't plan to become a vegan and still plan to eat fish and dairy. I was looking up recipes today to find some new dishes to keep things interesting. I really want the eggplant Parmesan pasta dish my friend Luisa makes. It's so good you don't miss the meat.

3 comments:

Jeni said...

I don't have any for you but I would love it if you had some for ME! :)

Jeni said...

I know you said you don't plan on becoming vegan (I'm not either) but I found this Chef from Cupcake wars and some of her recipes look so good!

http://chefchloeblog.weebly.com/

Meredith said...

I'm always looking for some good recipes. Thanks for the tip Jeni... I will definitely check it out.