Wednesday, December 08, 2010

No looking back...

I have been doing a terrible job blogging since we moved last summer and I want to get back in the swing of things.  But, the thought of trying to catch up on all of the stuff I've missed has been holding me back.  So, I am jumping back in with the here and now and movin' on.  Ahh, I feel better now.

Life has been busy for me with all of the daily family activities, taking on-line classes, church stuff, trying to keep up my running, and on and on.  The kids have been doing great and we have been enjoying the holidays so much.... the Christmas music, the Christmas, books, the Christmas goodies.  I am so proud of Noah for learning Joy to the World on the piano in just a couple of days.  I'm happy he has found a song he likes because he will practice without being asked.  Lily loves the tree and is constantly rearranging the ornaments.  She also has a Santa beard countdown calendar she made a school and loves to glue a cotton ball on his beard everyday.  Christmas is right around the corner.  Katy is her usual sweet self and loves to be in the middle of everything.  She starts pre-school here on the base next week and she is excited because she gets to use her new princess backpack.  We have been talking about it for quite a while now and she is more than ready.  Mommy is ready too and I am looking forward to having my mornings free to study and have regular workout schedule again! 

I went to the gym today and ran 3 miles and did some weight training.  It felt great.  I know for me exercise helps me focus and I really need it.  I have noticed on the days when I don't do it I get crabby.  The last race I did was the Atlanta half marathon on Thanksgiving and that was the last race I had on the calendar, so I am looking for another one to do soon.  I need to stay motivated and have a goal to reach for.  There is a race in early January that want to sign up for here in WV but I'm sure it will be terribly cold.  I know I just need to suck it up and do it.  Travis doesn't mind the cold at all and is doing a 50k this weekend in Morgantown.  We are all going to cheer him on and be his support crew.  Or, if the weather is too cold for us, maybe I'll take the kids to the mall and finish up the Christmas shopping.  I'm sure Travis will understand!



 

No comments: